FotoWare is a Norwegian software company that develops and delivers complex and innovative Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions to customers worldwide. We are proud to work with some of the world’s leading brands and organizations, such as the Financial Times, Marks & Spencer, London Metropolitan Police and many more. Together, we enable people and organizations to do more with their content.
If you are passionate about making a difference in our customers' lives and want to help them succeed through product innovation and engagement, you will be perfect as our new colleague!
Our customers and employees are at the core of who we are and what we do. Now, we are looking for a Technical Writer to join our Product Division and will report directly to the Head of Product Division. You will be working closely with development teams, both internally and externally. At FotoWare, each department and employee work together to solve challenges, find solutions and make the best products for our customers and partners.
As Technical Writer, you are passionate about writing, you have great attention to details and technology excites you. You care for the end user, and through your work, you want to help our users get the most out of their solution.
If you have a passion for technology, a drive to create solutions to solve customer challenges, and love to make the best customer experience - keep reading.
FotoWare offers you...
- A position in an international environment filled with possibilities for personal and professional growth
- A role in a fast-growing company where you can make an impact
- A team of experienced professionals working with various customers and industries
- An opportunity to join a company that prioritizes diversity - 41% of the team made up of women and 46% of international colleagues from a total of 19 different countries.
- An inclusive workplace which values flexible workstyles, workhours, and diversity
- Certified Great Place to Work and awarded Norway's Best Workplace 2020 and 2021 and awarded one of Europe’s Best Workplaces in 2020 and 2021.
- A key role in a company with more than 25 years of experience in helping thousands of customers globally to manage their digital media files and workflows
As a Technical Writer, you will...
- Maintain and update technical and user-oriented documentation for FotoWare’s suite of cloud and on-premises solutions in our existing documentation publishing solution (based on Mindtouch)
- Work closely with the other members of the product team to stay on top of product development and begin documentation early in the cycle.
- Install, configure and test run pre-release software to get a feel for how new features work. Granted, unreleased software can be messy at times, so you need to be solution-oriented and find ways to make things work.
- Facilitate and organize software localization with FotoWare partners and translation agencies where needed
- Own, Build and Maintain FotoWare’s Swagger API documentation on api.fotoware.com
Professionally you have...
- Excellent writing language skills in English. Either you have relevant education or you have relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience working with software documentation. To succeed in this role, you must have experience from working closely with software developers and product teams, preferably in a role as technical writer.
- A passion for, and documented experience working with, technology.
- A keen interest in learning all the gritty details of how things work and the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that users can understand
- Great organizational and analytical skills, the ability to plan, track tasks and deliver on deadline
It would be a benefit if...
- You’re interested in photography and the organization of photos, video and documents. That’s what a FotoWare solution is about.
- You enjoy working toward deadlines. Come release day, the documentation needs to be prepped and ready to launch alongside the software update.
- You enjoy a busy schedule. Keeping documentation up to date is a never-ending job. While documenting cool new features is (naturally) the most fun, you recognize there are also more mundane aspects of keeping a software knowledge base up to date.
As a person...
- You are analytical and tidy. You enjoy creating documentation that aids our partners and our end users alike.
- You are a team player, focused on accomplishing common goals, yet you work well independently and take responsibility and ownership
- You have a growth mindset and willingness to learn new things as well as guide and mentor others. Software develops over time – you need to stay ahead of the game.
- Identify with our values: Innovative, Responsible, Passionate, and Caring
We have a culture of integrity, collaboration, and curiosity. In FotoWare, everyone can make a difference.
Do you want to be part of our team? We would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and Motivational letter in either English or Norwegian as soon as possible, or at the latest October 3rd. Applications will be handled continuously.