FotoWare seeks two Desktop Application Developers
FotoWare makes innovative Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions to customers all over the world. Our mission is to empower people and organizations to do more with their content. Naturally, our employees are the key contributors to reaching our strategic goals, and they have a large impact on the future of FotoWare.
Great User Experiences are built on a solid foundation. We are looking for two developers who can contribute to our growth journey as part of our desktop application team, building great user experience for our 250.000+ users.
Our desktop application is an advanced tool for professional users – who need speed, rich functionality and advanced customization options. In addition, our desktop application will serve as the client to our SaaS solution, enabling even more users to get the most out of their FotoWare solution.
In the development of the desktop application, we use technologies such as C, C++ Win32 API, Cocoa, Objective-C, Qt so you need to have experience with these.
As a Software Developer at FotoWare, you are a part of our product development teams. We work in cross-functional product teams, so in your day-to-day work, you will get your hands on a wide range of challenges. Our teams use agile methodologies to ensure smooth delivery, and you will contribute and make suggestions to how we can improve our processes. You will be involved in all aspects of development of new products according to FotoWare's current strategy and the maintenance of the existing product range. You take ownership of our products and strive towards delivering high-quality products to the end user. Our solution yields high customer retention rates, and solid, maintainable code bases are essential for future product quality.
If you have a passion for technology, have an eye details and are solution oriented - keep reading!
FotoWare offers you…
- A position in an international environment filled with possibilities for personal and professional growth
- An opportunity to join a company which prioritizes diversity, with 45% of the team made up of women and 40% international colleagues
- A culture of social interaction and sharing in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- A workplace that values flexible workstyles, workhours, diversity and is a certified Great Place to Work
- A company with more than 20 years’ experience with 4,000+ customers globally, including the White House Historical Association, The National University Hospital of Iceland, The Financial Times, Volkswagen and the Metropolitan Police
As a Developer you will…
- Take part in the whole value chain of growing the desktop application FotoStation – from identifying ideas for improvement, to specifying, developing and testing these, releasing them to our customers and ensure maintenance. This requires keeping up-to-date on all features in the product range and maintaining an overview of related products and technologies
- Participate in the team’s development process, and adhere to FotoWare's coding standards and development practices
- Design and document component architecture and logic. Maintain and improve documentation both externally and inline within the source code
- Contribute to the Quality Assurance process by writing, maintaining, and executing test plans and unit tests
- Assist Support Specialists in their work when support incidents are escalated
- Stay up to date on knowledge of FotoWare's products and services
Professionally, you have…
- More than 5 years of experience with Software Development
- Relevant Education or real-world experience to match
- Excellent programming skills; masters C and C++, knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa is beneficial.
- A good knowledge of the Qt framework
- A solid understanding of software architecture and capability of building long-term codebases
- Experience with modern web technologies, such as RESTful APIs and MVC patterns
- No problem speaking English – as FotoWare has a diverse team and customers all over the world, fluency in English is a requirement
It would be a benefit if you have…
- International experience, through education or employment
As a person, you…
- Have a growth mindset and willingness to learn new things
- Enjoy working in a team, focused on accomplishing common goals
- Are curious of new technology and how it can benefit our customers
- Have a drive and are committed to work in a dynamic environment
- Work well independently and take responsibility and ownership
- Are capable of managing and processing large workload
- Are positive, organized and solution-oriented
- Identify with our values: Innovative, Responsible, Passionate, and Caring
We encourage a culture of integrity, collaboration, and curiosity. In FotoWare, YOU can make a difference.
Are you ready to be part of the team that makes great software for customers all over the world? We would like to hear from you!
Please send your application and CV in either English or Norwegian as soon as possible or at the latest by the 16th of May